PLEASANTON, Calif., Aug. 22, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Workday, Inc. (NASDAQ:WDAY), a leader in enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources, today announced it has been positioned by Gartner, Inc. in the Leaders quadrant of the Magic Quadrant for Cloud HCM Suites for Midmarket and Large Enterprises1. Workday was acknowledged as a Leader for the third year in a row and positioned the highest for overall ability to execute.
Organizations increasingly rely on Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) to help drive employee productivity and engagement, uncover richer workforce insights, and keep pace with evolving business needs. With more than 70 percent of its 2,200-plus customers live and a customer satisfaction rating of 98 percent, Workday continues to deliver the vision and innovation global organizations need to stay competitive, with new developments that enable:
- Greater Openness and Extensibility to Run Their Unique Businesses: Workday continues to create broader levels of openness for customers by extending Workday into other environments and applications. With the Workday Cloud Platform, early adopters are currently building and deploying applications, paving the way for other customers and partners to leverage APIs and Workday tools in the future. And through a partnership with Slack, Workday is helping people further connect and collaborate more intuitively in their natural workspaces.
- More Intelligent Technologies to Create a Seamless Experience for Employees: Workday is creating more intelligent tools to simplify tasks and improve the overall employee experience. This includes development of a conversational interface—Workday Assistant—using natural language processing capabilities to provide real-time information, recommendations, and best practices to workers all while they are working on their daily business content and transactions. Workday will also deliver a new people experience to enable a more connected, personalized, and engaging digital experience. In Workday Learning, forthcoming machine learning-driven media transcription enhancements will improve accessibility, comprehension, and video search for users.
- Increased Global Capabilities to Drive Expansion: The Workday customer community—representing more than 31 million workers worldwide—continues to realize business value using Workday applications across more than 200 countries and in more than 30 languages. As its customer community and worldwide presence grows, Workday continues to advance its global capabilities through initiatives such as the Workday Global Payroll Cloud program, where customers can select the right local payroll providers for their needs while reducing the costs and time associated with deploying, integrating, and managing third-party payroll solutions. Workday currently has 20 global payroll partners that provide certified integrations covering more than 127 countries.
“We believe that Gartner’s positioning of Workday as a cloud HCM Leader for the third consecutive year demonstrates the level of innovation and support that we provide to customers around the world—proven by our 98 percent customer satisfaction rating,” said Cristina Goldt, vice president, HCM products, Workday. “Some of the largest organizations globally—including Fortune 50 and Fortune 500 companies—use Workday due to our longstanding ability for getting customers live and realizing value quickly. We look forward to continuing to partner with our customers to deliver the technology and experiences that exceed their expectations, while helping to further business growth and success.”
- Read a complimentary copy of the Gartner report on the Workday website.
- Please visit the Workday blog for additional perspective: Workday Positioned as a Leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Cloud HCM Suites for Midmarket and Large Enterprises, by Cristina Goldt, vice president, HCM products, Workday.
1 Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Cloud HCM Suites for Midmarket and Large Enterprises,” by Melanie Lougee, Ranadip Chandra, Ron Hanscome, Helen Poitevin, Chris Pang, Jeff Freyermuth, Sam Grinter, John Kostoulas, Jason A. Cerrato, 15 August 2018.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.
© 2018. Workday, Inc. All rights reserved. Workday and the Workday logo are registered trademarks of Workday, Inc. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
This press release contains forward-looking statements including, among other things, statements regarding the expected performance and benefits of Workday’s offerings. The words "believe," "may," "will," "plan," "expect," and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks, uncertainties, and assumptions. If the risks materialize or assumptions prove incorrect, actual results could differ materially from the results implied by these forward-looking statements. Risks include, but are not limited to, risks described in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), including Form 10-Q for the quarter ended April 30, 2018 and our future reports that we may file with the SEC from time to time, which could cause actual results to vary from expectations. Workday assumes no obligation to, and does not currently intend to, update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
Any unreleased services, features, or functions referenced in this document, our website, or other press releases or public statements that are not currently available are subject to change at Workday's discretion and may not be delivered as planned or at all. Customers who purchase Workday, Inc. services should make their purchase decisions based upon services, features, and functions that are currently available.
© 2018. Workday, Inc. All rights reserved. Workday and the Workday logo are registered trademarks of Workday, Inc.
+1 (312) 315-8190