PLEASANTON, CA and LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM--(Marketwired - Oct 14, 2015) - Workday, Inc. (NYSE: WDAY), a leader in enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources, today announced that Centrica, a leading energy and services provider, has selected Workday Human Capital Management (HCM). Unveiled as part of its new global transformation strategy, Centrica will replace its on-premise legacy systems with Workday to position the company and its workforce for future growth and success.
With operations spanning eight countries and several brands, the company's leadership realised its multiple, on-premise legacy systems for HR lacked the tools and insights required to drive the business forward. Additionally, manual processes and low user adoption created a heavy burden for HR and poor visibility for the business.
With ambitious plans and a constant focus on driving synergies between employee engagement, client service, and business results, Centrica chose Workday to replace its on-premise legacy systems with one modern HR system in the cloud.
With Workday, Centrica plans to:
- Help the business rapidly and cost effectively adapt to the changing needs of its employees and customers as well as new developments in the energy market.
- Standardise HR processes worldwide to increase efficiencies as well as drive workforce engagement and productivity as it scales.
- Equip business leaders with analytics that provide insight into employee skill sets and capability gaps in order to align its workforce with new customer needs, growth objectives, and market demands.
- Empower employees and managers with greater mobile capabilities using an intuitive interface that enables them to easily access information and perform tasks whenever and wherever necessary.
- Leverage continuous innovation from Workday's development on a single codeline delivered in the cloud. This ensures Centrica will always be on the most current version of Workday versus the costly and time-intensive upgrades of legacy systems.
Comments on the News
"It's fantastic to see ambitious companies like Centrica continue to choose Workday as a partner in propelling their future growth," said Chano Fernandez, president EMEA, Workday. "We are delighted to welcome them to the Workday community and we look forward to our continued shared success."
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. More than 1,000 organisations, ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises, have selected Workday.
This press release contains forward-looking statements including, among other things, statements regarding the expected performance and benefits of Workday's offerings. The words "believe," "may," "will," "plan," "expect," and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks, uncertainties, and assumptions. If the risks materialize or assumptions prove incorrect, actual results could differ materially from the results implied by these forward-looking statements. Risks include, but are not limited to, risks described in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), including our Form 10-Q for the quarter ended July 31, 2015 and our future reports that we may file with the SEC from time to time, which could cause actual results to vary from expectations. Workday assumes no obligation to, and does not currently intend to, update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
Any unreleased services, features, or functions referenced in this document, our website or other press releases or public statements that are not currently available are subject to change at Workday's discretion and may not be delivered as planned or at all. Customers who purchase Workday, Inc. services should make their purchase decisions based upon services, features and functions that are currently available.
© 2015. Workday, Inc. All rights reserved. Workday and the Workday logo are registered trademarks of Workday, Inc.
+44 (0) 7568 377476