PLEASANTON, CA and LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM--(Marketwired - Sep 28, 2015) - Workday, Inc. (NYSE: WDAY), a leader in enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources, today announced its continued momentum with more than 100 customers headquartered in Europe selecting Workday to drive their businesses into the future. With Workday, customers are able to move their finance and HR systems to the cloud, creating a flexible and agile technology foundation that will give them deeper visibility into their organisations, real-time insights to help with decision-making, and greater self-service for employees.
"To remain competitive while keeping pace with constant change, more organisations across Europe are choosing Workday for a financials and HR system in the cloud that is flexible and global at the core," said Chano Fernandez, president of EMEA, Workday. "Our expanding customer community in combination with an unparalleled customer satisfaction rating underscores Workday's commitment to equipping customers with smarter tools and richer insights to streamline operations, make better decisions, and drive business growth."
Ranging from mid-size to large enterprises and spanning a wide variety of industries, new Workday customers headquartered in Europe include:
- ALK Abello, headquartered in Horsholm, Denmark, is a global research-driven pharmaceutical company that focuses on treatment and prevention of allergies.
- Hyperion Insurance Group Limited, headquartered in London, is a leading international insurance intermediary group.
- Lhoist, headquartered in Limelette, Belgium, is a global leader in lime, dolime and minerals.
- Marel, headquartered in Iceland and the Netherlands, is the global leader in integrated systems for the fish and poultry industry segments, and a major provider in the meat industry.
- NIBC, headquartered in The Hague, is a provider of corporate and consumer banking services for visionary entrepreneurs.
- Northern & Shell, headquartered in London, is a leading magazine and newspaper publisher in the UK.
- Randstad France, headquartered in Paris, specialises in solutions in the field of flexible work and human resources services.
- Uponor, headquartered in Vantaa, Finland, is a leading international provider of plumbing and indoor climate solutions for residential and commercial building markets.
Additionally, customers headquartered in Europe that are now live on Workday include:
- Alexander Mann Solutions, headquartered in London, is a leading provider of talent acquisition and management services.
- AstraZeneca, a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business headquartered in London, focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialisation of prescription medicines, primarily for the treatment of cardiovascular, metabolic, respiratory, inflammation, autoimmune, oncology, infection, and neuroscience diseases.
- Opera Software, headquartered in Oslo, Norway, is an industry leader in software development. Opera delivers products and services to more than 350 million users around the world, enabling internet consumers to discover and connect to their content, regardless of device, network or location.
- Sanofi, a global healthcare leader headquartered in Paris, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs.
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. More than 1000 organisations, ranging from medium-sized business to Fortune 50 enterprises, have selected Workday.
© 2015. Workday, Inc. All rights reserved. Workday and the Workday logo are registered trademarks of Workday, Inc. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders
+44 (0) 7568 377476