PLEASANTON, CA--(Marketwired - Mar 5, 2015) - Workday, Inc. (NYSE: WDAY), a leader in enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources, today announced that it has been named one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For by Fortune magazine. Workday ranked #22 and it marks the first time that the company has applied and been named to the prestigious list, now in its 18th year, which recognizes U.S. companies with exceptional workplace cultures. Workday celebrated its 10th anniversary today with more than 3,700 employees and more than 700 customers around the world.
Started in 2005, Workday's founders built the company around a core set of values that guide its interactions, decisions, and leadership. Those values are: employees, customer service, innovation, integrity, fun, and profitability. The result is a culture that puts the employees at the center, and creates an environment where people are valued, heard, inspired, encouraged to have fun, and most importantly, committed to achieving the industry's highest customer satisfaction rating.
"Ten years ago today we founded Workday with the promise to bring passion and customer focus back to the business of enterprise applications," said Aneel Bhusri, co-founder and CEO, Workday. "To accomplish this, we knew we had to put our employees first and firmly believed that if we made them happy, success would follow. Today's recognition from Fortune is a testament to the passion and energy that our employees bring to work every day with a commitment to creating an exceptional customer experience."
"A new type of 21st century company is emerging," said China Gorman, CEO of Great Place to Work ®. "It is transforming how business is done both internally and externally. It understands that a high-trust work culture results in higher productivity, increased engagement, and better financial performance. These factors ultimately lead to a competitive advantage and enable companies to quickly bounce back from challenging situations. The 100 Best Companies set the standard for businesses."
The recognition by Fortune follows other honors Workday has received as a top workplace in the U.S. and Europe in the past year:
- Ranked #1 in the large companies category by the Great Place to Work Institute on its "People's Picks: 20 Top Workplaces in Technology" list
- Named the #1 top workplace in the Bay Area for large companies for the fourth consecutive year by the Bay Area News Group
- Named the #2 best place to work in the Bay Area for large companies by the San Francisco Business Times / San Jose Business Journal. Workday has been named to this list for the past seven years
- Selected as one of the top companies to work for in Utah by the Deseret News
- Named a best workplace in Ireland by the Great Place to Work Institute for medium-sized companies
- Visit the Workday blog to read more from Aneel Bhusri, co-founder and CEO, and Dave Duffield, co-founder and chairman, about the positive impact culture has had on Workday's success
- See what employees have to say about why Workday is a great place to work
- Workday is hiring for key roles in product and technology development, customer support, services, data center operations, sales, and more
Fortune partners annually with Great Place to Work® to conduct the most extensive employee survey in corporate America to identify the 100 Best Companies to Work For ®. Two-thirds of a company's survey score is based on the results of the Trust Index©, Employee Survey, which is sent to a random sample of employees from each company. This survey asks questions related to employees' attitudes about management's credibility, overall job satisfaction, and camaraderie. The other third is based on responses to the Culture Audit ©, which includes detailed questionnaires about pay and benefit programs and a series of open-ended questions about hiring practices, methods of internal communication, training, recognition programs and diversity efforts.
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Hundreds of organizations, ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises, have selected Workday.
© 2015. Workday, Inc. All rights reserved. Workday and the Workday logo are registered trademarks of Workday, Inc. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.